We launched a survey last month and we had a lot of comments saying that there are some sites users are having problem shopping in~ we listened and we want to serve you even better so we are excited to announce this new buying service to help make it easier for your overseas online shopping experience: Buyforyou.
Buyforyou is a buying service for our members who cannot buy using their credit cards in the US, Taiwan, Canada, Japan, China, South Korea, and Hong Kong stores. There are some stores that do not allow foreign credit cards, may need mobile OTP, or have complicated checkout protocols, now you can use Buyforyou! Check it on your member dashboard in the toggle menu or in the member center.
In addition to the product’s price, there will be a 6% service fee which is based on the cost of the product including the product’s price and local shipping fee requested from the seller (if any). You will see the breakdown before checking out your order. You can submit your requests on your dashboard~ Check out this simple step-by-step guide on how to use Buyforyou.
How to Use Buyforyou?
Step 1: Sign up for Buyandship
- Sign up with your Gmail / Facebook account or Apple ID (App only).
- The email address cannot be changed manually after registration. We suggest signing up with a frequently used email address.
- For signing up with Facebook, please be mindful of the email address used in your Facebook account.
Step 2: Fill in the request details
- Click “Request items” and proceed to select overseas warehouse US, TW, CA, JP, CN, KR, or HK (Buyforyou service is currently only available for these 7 countries)
- Provide the item details, such as the item URL and item image
- Check the color and size of items before submission of your request
- Ensure that the unit price is the one after discounted
- Please have a look at Prohibited Items before shopping online.
- If there is any discount code, please remember to fill it in while creating your item request.
- If you are requesting items from different shopping sites, please create a new request for items from each website.
Step 3: Submit an item request
- After submission, our buying agent will check the price and the availability of the items. You will receive an email notification if there is any update on your request status.
- If your requested items are not available for purchase, i.e. out of stock, you only need to pay the fees for items that can be successfully purchased.
- Please check your item request carefully before submission as there is no returning service for Buyforyou items.
Step 4: Check and Pay your request
- You will be notified by email once the request is confirmed and ready to pay. Please check your request details before making payment.
- You are strongly advised to settle the payment as soon as possible to prevent stockouts of requested items.
- Credit card payment is accepted.
- If your items fail to be purchased, you will be notified by email, and the fee for those items will be either canceled or returned by bank transfer in 3 working days generally.
Step 5: Consolidate & Collect an order
- After purchase, your items will be automatically sent to our overseas warehouse you selected (No need to declare your shipment, we will declare it for you), and then forwarded to our Hong Kong warehouse
- After you receive an email notification regarding the shipment consolidation, you can consolidate your items, select your delivery address and pay the delivery fee.
- You will be notified by email once the order is ready for delivery.
First, go to the site you want us to buy for you. Browse the product you want to request, then proceed to the next step.
Once you had a product in mind, go to your Buyandship Account and go to “Buyforyou” Tab. You can also access this in your member center or toggle your cursor at the My Account section.
Once you’re in, click to add a new request then select a warehouse to send your items to~ currently this service is only available for the United States, Japan, and Hong Kong. The next pop-up should look like the image below.
Go back to the site you want us to shop from, and fill in the product details. Check out the image above for an in-depth review of what you should encode in the request tab. We also provided a reference guide below so you can see what a proper request looks like~
Double-check your request, hit confirm, and that’s it! It takes 24-48 hours for reviewing your request generally after it is created.
IMPORTANT: After Receiving the quote from us, please check the details very carefully before checking out. Remember~
- Check all the details in the quote before checking out, if you have any questions please ask our customer service live chat.
- Check if there is a local shipping fee (this is not the Buyandship shipping fee but the shipping fee from the seller to our overseas warehouse. Sometimes it is free, but if not, you will need to pay for this, and will also be in the quote).
- You will NOT declare the shipment anymore. So just wait for our email when it arrives HK warehouse, Ready for Consolidation.
- After arrival in HK, proceed to the normal process of checking out. Choose DDP or DDU addresses for your product for our Buyandship shipping fee.
Buyforyou Important Tips
- In addition to the product’s price, there will be a 6% service fee which is based on the cost of the product including the product’s price and local shipping fee requested from the seller (if any).
- The shipping from overseas to the Philippines will be charged separately after the product is shipped to our Hong Kong warehouse.
- Depending on the actual situation of your request, there may be other fees, such as local shipping fees, sale tax, or additional fees.
- Before payment, we will list the fees charged in the “Fee Details” of the request for you to check and confirm the items charged. Learn more about “How is pricing calculated for an item request?“.
6% Service Fee (Per Buyforyou Request)
- For each Buyforyou request, we will collect a 6% service fee which is calculated based on the item price.
- There is a minimum charge of the service fee. The minimum charges for requests to different warehouses are:
- US$4 for a US item request ;
- JP¥600 for a JP item request;
- HK$40 for an HK item request;
- RMB¥30 for a CN item request
- Learn more about the service fees.
Please note that the following brand’s websites are not available to be purchased: Adidas, Arcteryx, Arcteryx Outlet, Bath & Body Works, Bose, Brandy Melville, Carhartt, Chanel, Clarks, Coach, Coach Outlet, Cole Haan, Coleman, Crocs, Cuddledown, Dell, Dior, eBay, Ecco, Game Stop, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Hoka, HP, Kiehl’s, Lego, Levi’s, Lenovo, Walgreens, Mystery Ranch, New Era, Nike, Paula’s Choice, Pokemon Center, Ralph Lauren US, Sabon, See’s Candies, TheRealReal.